Our skin is a reflection of our health. A glowing and radiant skin represents a healthy person. But we cannot deny the fact that our skin is in its perfect condition all the time. There are times that we experience problems such as dryness, acne, blemishes, blackheads, etc. Although some may go away through time, others stay for good, unless you have it treated.
What is Hydrafacial?
Fortunately, there are lots of skin treatments that we can avail these days. But not all are effective and long-lasting. One of the treatments gaining popularity because of its effectiveness is Hydrafacial treatment. It is a non-invasive procedure that helps restore the appearance of the skin, making it youthful and healthy. It makes use of safe and organic ingredients that reverse the effects of free radicals on the skin. This is perfect for the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles, mild acne, dark spots, hyperpigmentation, oily skin and clogged pores.
Hydrafacial involves six stages. It makes use of a suctioning tip that cleanses the skin and helps remove impurities. It also opens the pores allowing the serum (composed of antioxidants, peptides and hyaluronic acid) to do its wonders.
This treatment is outpatient and has no downtime. It can provide immediate results and has very minimal to no side effects. After the procedure, some patient experience tightness and redness but these are very tolerable and can be resolved within an hour.
Hydrafacial treatments are customized depending on your skin type. Hydrafacial in Singapore treatments cater to all skin types and so treatment is tailored to your own needs.
Steps of Hydrafacial
- Detox. This is the first step, which stimulates the drainage of the lymphatic system. This is important in fighting infection and harmful microorganism in the skin.
- Cleansing and Exfoliation. This step involves the cleansing and exfoliation of the skin.
- Gentle Glycolic and Salicylic. In this step, whitening solution is applied that not only whitens but also loosens debris on pores.
- Extracting. A vacuum suction is applied to remove impurities from the skin.
- Hydration. A hydrating solution is applied using the handpiece for deeper penetration.
- Rejuvenation. This is the final stage which involves the application of LED light to stimulate collagen and Vit D production, leaving skin vibrant and rejuvenated.
Microdermabrasion is a skin treatment that makes use of an abrasive instrument applied on the surface of the skin. It is considered as a minimally invasive procedure. With this, the skin is gently rubbed to remove the thick and uneven skin layer. This results in younger looking and brighter skin.
Some people experience mild discomfort during the procedure but it eventually resolves within a few hours. The skin can also become dry and flaky for several days; however, this is a normal effect on the treatment and is only short-lived.
Which is Better?
Hydrafacial has lesser effects and it involves six steps of holistic skin treatment. Microdermabrasion can result in abrasive feel on the skin and result in redness and irritation after the procedure. So what do you think is better? You decide.